Atrakcje w okolicy
The Spa House in Świeradów-Zdrój, with the longest wooden Walking Hall in Lower Silesia, made of larch wood, presents great aesthetic and architectural values. Curative and guest houses built in Świeradów in the 19th and early 20th centuries are also interesting.
It is also worth seeing various objects scattered around the villages and towns of Lusatia, built in the traditional Lusatian architecture characterized by the so-called half-timbered wall - a combination of a wooden beam structure with red fired brick.
The most valuable monument in Pobiedna is the Gersdorf palace complex with a baroque palace erected in the years 1767-1768. Previously, there was a manor house built in 1608 in this place. In 1651 the manor house was consumed by fire and in 1764 it was pulled down. At the moment, the ruin is in private hands - it is not open to the public. Near the palace there are remains of a wonderful English park and garden from the beginning of the 19th century.
From the palace to the north, to the hamlet of Borowiny, there is the remnant of the Black Avenue of lime trees. In the western part of the village there are ruins of a Baroque Evangelical church from the 18th century, looted by local notables of the post-war era. However, baroque and classicist stonework details have been preserved, incl. portal, baptismal font, tombstones and epitaphs from the 18th-19th centuries. Previously, there was a Gothic church in this place, mentioned in 1346 and rebuilt into the so-called border church in the 17th century. Further south there is a villa built by the local manufacturer Richter in 1926.
Luckily, it was kept in relatively good condition until 2004, when it fell into private hands and was transformed into a stylish romantic hotel with the exotic name Saraswati Manor. The architecture of the manor house and interior elements are kept in the art deco style, which is rare in Poland. Inside, original stained glass windows from the first half of the 19th century. Twentieth century. Around the manor house there is a large forest park with ancient trees.
In Pobiedna, there are also several historic houses from the 18th century, including at ul. Dworcowa 28 and the former astronomical observatory on the eastern edge of the Czerniawski Forest (on the green trail). Also an interesting vantage point.
Interesting fact - on the left side of the road towards the Czech border there is a small, picturesquely situated spring. In memory of His Majesty's visit to this place, the ruler of Austria-Hungary, on August 23, 1779. they were called the Spring of Emperor Joseph.
5 thousand a spa town located in the Kwisa valley at the foot of the Izerski Stóg. The history of the spa dates back to the mid-18th century. It was then that the healing properties of the local waters were discovered and the first health resorts were built. In 1934, sources of radial water were discovered, which made it possible to conduct radon treatments.
In Świeradów, it is worth seeing the historic spa complex with the Spa House from 1899, the pump room and the longest wooden Walking Hall in Lower Silesia (80 m). From Dworek Saraswati you can walk along the red trail through Czerniawa, and then the green trail through Zajęcznik. Free public transport runs to Świeradów.
Czerniawa Zdrój - 2 km
nicely situated in the Czarny Potok valley, which is currently a district of Świeradów. It is well known as a place where children's respiratory diseases are treated. You can drink the spa water there.
Czocha Castle - 15 km
Picturesquely situated on a granite and gneiss hill in the Kwisa River valley. In the 16th century it was rebuilt from a medieval fortress into a magnificent Renaissance residence.
The great fire of 1793 destroyed part of the building. It was not until 1909 that the castle was purchased by the Dresden industrialist Ernest Gütschow, who entrusted the reconstruction and modernization of the entire facility to the architect Bodo Ebhardt, known in Europe at that time, thanks to which Czocha became one of the most beautiful monuments of Lower Silesia.
Ruins of the Rajsko Castle
Today, they are only picturesquely situated ruins, the beginning of which dates back to the 13th century. The unusual shape of this place was given by the baron Alexander von Minutoli, who bought Biedrzychowice and the surrounding villages in the 19th century.
The baron was characterized by a slightly original taste, which is why the castle represents a cluster of various architectural styles with the use of medieval details. The baron was a collector and a great lover of antiquities. He gathered real peculiarities in the castle. It housed the largest collection of Egyptian mummies in Silesia, ancient ceramics, numismatic collections and paintings by famous painters. The castle is located on the Kwisa gorge. The view of the area, which can be seen from the tower, remains in your memory for a long time.